Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TopoGun 3 Thoughts and Feedback

Hi there!

First, I'm very glad to be part of this beta as TG is one of my favorite bits of software. It's my favorite way to retopo by hand.

Will there be FBX support? I think this is important, though OBJ does okay. FBX would be better.
    --
    I'd like to see added functionality to the default 'Create' tool for cutting through multiple edges, rather than a separate tool like the 'Cut' tool which lacks functionality. Can we just make it so the main create tool can cut through multiple edges in a very smart fashion? If I 'shift cut' to an edge which is four faces over, the tool should know that I want to cut through all of those edges/faces.
    --

Will add thoughts here as I go. Thanks!

Dan
    Last edited by DBurke3D; 08-03-2020, 08:46 PM.

I agree. TG3 needs FBX support. Disappointing.

Comment

Yeah, I was kinda disappointed with the lack of fbx support but it's not the end of the world.

What is the end of the world (jokingly), is the performance decrease at around 3000 faces. Every time. I often have to copy and past geometry into a new mesh to regain performance.

Comment

Originally posted by NathanielS View Post
        Yeah, I was kinda disappointed with the lack of fbx support but it's not the end of the world.

What is the end of the world (jokingly), is the performance decrease at around 3000 faces. Every time. I often have to copy and past geometry into a new mesh to regain performance.
        Yeah that sounds like a real issue!

Comment

Working...
        X