Insert Edge Loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insert Edge Loop

I'm getting up to speed with TG 3 and was wondering if I'm missing something.

I cannot find how to insert and edge loop, interactively. The only way I can insert one so far is to select a the ring of edges and then connect them. I seem to recall TG2 having interactive edge loop insertion.

Tips would be appreciated.

Thanks.

The way I do is to "connect ring". I select an edge in the polyloop where I want the new loop then push the space bar to bring up the menu, select modify->edges->connect ring and it'll split the polyloop. Then if I need to adjust it I'll simply select the slide tool to move it if needed.

Comment

• RedAccordion
      RedAccordion commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I missed that function. I need to hotkey that. I still miss having an interactive insert loop, but that's better than the process I was using.

I found what I was looking for. The last comment in the post below. Animated gif in original comment.

https://topogun3.com/forum/forum/suggestions/117-topogun-3-demo-beta-initial-observations

"selecting a ring loop give attention if a little Ring or a Loop appears next to your cursor.
    double click to select.
    shift and middle click to create a loop slice which you can move as long as middle click is active."

Comment

Working...
    X